I can provide a complete lead repair and replacement service including, but not limited to, traditional lead roofing, flashing’s and cladding. Here are some of the benefits of working with Lead:
- Lead is one of the oldest and most durable building materials and has been known to last for more than 500 years.
- Today’s alternative materials can fail within 20 years – and because of the way they are manufactured and their need for early replacement – they have both a negative cost and environmental impact.
- There is an established scrap Lead recovery network in the UK that ensures constant recycling. When compared to other products used as a substitute, Lead’s recovery rates are dramatically higher. More than 95% of Lead used in building is recycled.
- Lead is 100% recyclable time after time after time – and it never deteriorates, no matter how many times it is recycled, retaining all the natural qualities that attract architects and designers to it in the first place.
- Studies by European research and development institutes show that synthetic materials developed as a potential alternative to lead have significant impacts on global warming during manufacture – and as we all know, climate change is one of the biggest threats to the world’s environment. Detailed scientific papers are fully available to substantiate these claims.